Rome III Diagnostic Questionnaires
The Rome Foundation has developed diagnostic questionnaires in coordination with the Rome III committees to assist physicians, health care professionals and researchers in identifying individuals who have one or more functional gastrointestinal disorders (FGIDs). An introduction (preamble, instructions for respondents, information for clinicians/investigators, and scoring algorithms are included at the beginning of each file. Separate questionnaire files are available to meet various needs.
The following questionnaires are available upon request. Please visit our Copyright and Licensing
pages for more information.
- A self-report integrated questionnaire to diagnose adults for one or more FGIDs, including alarm symptoms/red flags.
- Eight modules based on the Rome III criteria that can be used to screen for the following specific single diagnoses or groups:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Module
- Constipation Module
- Functional Dyspepsia Module
- Nausea, Vomiting and Belching Disorders Module
- Functional Esophageal Disorders Module
- Functional Abdominal Pain Syndrome (FAPS) Module
- Functional Biliary Disorders Module revised
- All Functional Bowel Disorders (IBS-Constipation, IBS-Diarrhea, IBS-Mixed, IBS-Unspecified)
- A Psychosocial Alarm Questionnaire, containing screening questions within a clinical context (and are not designed for survey purposes) to help identify psychosocial problems commonly faced by patients with FGIDs.
For Children & Adolescents
- Self-report form for children and adolescents (10 years of age and older)
- Parent-report form for children (4 years of age and older)
For questions regarding these questionnaires or scoring algorithms, please contact:
Rome Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 6524
Raleigh, NC 27628